Solved

Why did my seat reservation booking price more than double right before I paid?

Hi,

I just booked seat reservations from Amsterdam to Nice and Nice to Wien, and the total of my cart was at 118 euro. As I was getting to point where I pressed “Agree to terms and conditions” the price recalculated and shot up to 266 euro, more than double. What the fuck? I am already super disappointed in how much the mandatory seat reservations cost to the point where I’m thinking why did I even buy the pass? What’s the point of the pass if the seat reservations end up costing as much as the pass?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 August 2022, 14:39

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These are not prices for only add-on REServ. These are seemingly normal ticket prices-though with advance (full fare on the day will even be higher). You must have something wrong, but thats impossible to say what without further info.

Ams-Nic is not possible with 1 train (ti was <2000-overnight). Same for N->Wien.

IF you want more advice-perhaps at expense of more changes or longer trip time-ask and tell date of travel.

I think I was mainly wondering how the ZUERICH HB (Switzerland) - WIEN MEIDLING (Austria) tickets went from costing 4 euro each when I was adding them to the cart, to costing 74 euro when paying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think I was mainly wondering how the ZUERICH HB (Switzerland) - WIEN MEIDLING (Austria) tickets went from costing 4 euro each when I was adding them to the cart, to costing 74 euro when paying.

You must have paid the full price and not only the reservation fee. Where did you make the booking?  

You must have paid the full price and not only the reservation fee. Where did you make the booking?  

I made the booking through this website, in the seat reservation section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I made the booking through this website, in the seat reservation section.

That seems very strange. @seewulf  Do you have any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Zuerich - Wien Meidling daytrain or Nighttrain?
daytrains from 3€
Nighttrain from 14€ for a seat up to 150€ for a private single sleeper deluxe  compartment

Zuerich - Wien Meidling daytrain or Nighttrain?
daytrains from 3€
Nighttrain from 14€ for a seat up to 150€ for a private single sleeper deluxe  compartment

It is the nighttrain. The sleeper was priced at 4 euro when I added it to cart, then the price was changed to 74 right before I paid. Kind of infuriating, but fair enough that a sleeper cart does not cost 4 euro. Not a nice surprise for the correct price to only show up right before payment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anders  i try to avoid Interrails own Reservation service i prefer to book directly with the railcompanies (Where possible) as Interrail charge a service fee ontop
Zürich - Budapest can be reserved at the Website of Austrian Rail by following these steps

Dont know your Route from Nice to Zuerich may could find even other websites to reserve

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's always helpful to know the exact train or else troubleshooting is difficult.

I did a few tests with EN 40467 Zürich HB - Wien Meidling and sometimes saw reservations for 2€, e.g.:

I added it to my cart and had a look:

(For 2 people this might have looked like 4€.)

And then of course in the step "Review your order”:

(A Double sleeper would have been 74€.)

So that looks like a bug to me.

I also wondered why only a Single sleeper would be available and checked on ÖBB:

So all accommodation is still available. That looks like another bug.

Two more reasons to book reservations elsewhere.

@Leo @Felipe.iturrieta @Marion are these known issues?

Hi,

I just booked seat reservations from Amsterdam to Nice and Nice to Wien, and the total of my cart was at 118 euro. As I was getting to point where I pressed “Agree to terms and conditions” the price recalculated and shot up to 266 euro, more than double. What the fuck? I am already super disappointed in how much the mandatory seat reservations cost to the point where I’m thinking why did I even buy the pass? What’s the point of the pass if the seat reservations end up costing as much as the pass?

Hi Anders, please accept my apology in replying late to your question. I believe this should have been a system glitch or that this reservation was selected twice (you will be able to see that in your cart).

If you want to double check, you can DM a screenshot. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Annie