Solved

Zurich - Rome Reservation ONLY with eurorail app?

• 2 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everybody,

I would like to book Zurich-Rome (5th of June). 

I see many options (I would like to do only 1 change in Milan) but I can’t book it through DB-Bahn or OBB or Trenitalia. I just don’t have the options available on these companies.

This means that my only options to book it is the Eurorail website?

Until now I traveled almost everywhere in Europe and I never done with Eurorail reservations system, avoiding fee and higher prices for each reservation
(for example, in Spain it was displayed 25 euros for first class, at the Renfe office just 13 euros).

Regards,
Marco

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 2 June 2023, 18:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is possible by ÖBB but you have to split the booking into 2 legs : Zurich - Milano and then Milano - Rome. Add Interrail as a discount and select one-way tickets as usual.

- 11€ Zurich - Milan

- 13€ Milan - Rome

You can save the 11€ by taking any train to Lugano and then the RE to Milan (not any longer altogether).

If you can afford the extra hour take the Old Gotthard Railway via Airolo in place of the 57-km Gotthard Tunnel :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

It is possible by ÖBB but you have to split the booking into 2 legs : Zurich - Milano and then Milano - Rome. Add Interrail as a discount and select one-way tickets as usual.

- 11€ Zurich - Milan

- 13€ Milan - Rome

You can save the 11€ by taking any train to Lugano and then the RE to Milan (not any longer altogether).

If you can afford the extra hour take the Old Gotthard Railway via Airolo in place of the 57-km Gotthard Tunnel :)

Thank you!

Just to double check, isn't strange that direct connection are already full? First and second class

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Read again how to get the reservation at ÖBB for trains with compulsory reservation.

-> one way ticket and not seat reservation option

Userlevel 1
Badge

Read again how to get the reservation at ÖBB for trains with compulsory reservation.

Ahhh it's the second time I forgot about the correct option. 

Thank you for the reminder 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Angelo!

One question, when I am doing the reservation I receive a warning that I should print the ticket in a OBB ticket office or on A4 page (sorry it is in Italian)

Do you if it is a problem to have simply digital copy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's no problem whatsoever to show the PDF on your phone.