Solved

How many travel days do I use when taking a night train

• 29 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi! I want to ask an information about night trains. If I think the night train at 10 PM and I arrive at my destination the morning later (for example at 9 AM), I’ll need to use 2 days of my global pass?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 29 August 2022, 21:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In your example you need only one travel day.

You can board a train at 22.00 and stay on that train until the morning without using a new travel day.

Only if you board a new train on the arrival day of the night train you will need a new travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/interested-in-interrailing/what-is-a-travel-day

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here in EUR we all and also all railways use and are used to the 24 hr clock-am/pm is for USA.

It is all-as could been expected, clearly in the rules: ANY train you board on 1 day before 24.00, you can use till you leave it. IF you then take an other train to complete journey, a new travelday will be taken. In general about all such nighttrains MUST be REServed, with just a very few specific exceptions. There are cases (p.e. MIlano-Palermo/Catania) where that train only reaches outer and well after lunchtime!

There might however be a small problem if this is the last travelday and you want that day to reach your homecountry the next morning-if you plan that ask or search or many similar posts.