Solved

Taking the dog to spain

• 10 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I am planning to travel from germany to Barcelona, Spain with my dog. I have already checked, that dogs are allowed in the TGV trains. And you need a halfprice ticket for the dog.

My question is: what kind of interrail ticket do I have to buy for the dog? a kids ticket?

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 10 November 2022, 13:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately, an Interrail ticket for dogs does not exist. Every railway company has their own policy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Indeed, very different rules depending from country to country and operator.

I think if you can transport your pet in a basket, it’s usually free of charge with some exceptions or even bans on pets on trains in some countries. Bigger animals often need a supplement or kids ticket.

I think that you can buy these supplements mostly online or with the train manager.

The details for France (and TGV France-Spain) can be found here: https://www.sncf.com/en/passenger-offer/travel-for-everyone/pets

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In FR this generally will mean half price of normal full fare and that will cost MUCH more as even a passday from a short duration pass.

ONLY if the beast is so small you can hold it in a container that is not larger as allowed luggage, you can take for free. IF asked for, you will also need to show all vaccinations etc.-and if not in container, it must be muzzled. FR has an old heritage of many yrs ago (that may wonder some in modern times) against rabies etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In FR this generally will mean half price of normal full fare

No it does not. Please read the information available at the link posted above.