Solved

San Sebastian to Barcelona

Hi im looking for tickets to Barcelona from San Sebastian - on Eurail site its says prices are unavailable so i went to Rail Europe which show routes but says I need to book at the station - does this mean it wont sell out and I can buy on the day.  Its for Saturday 6 July.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 5 May 2024, 16:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Are you by any chance visiting Germany before that? You could get reservations at counters there.

Otherwise it’s very risky, especially on a July Saturday. I would not count on availability.

Welcome to Spain… reservations are truly annoying and trains very infrequent. :/

no we arrive in paris on 28 June...ive booked all other tickets but this one

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’d buy regular tickets and save the pass day then. I don’t see any other option (RENFE is very annoying).

This is now letting me reserve tickets but as soon as you go to pay it kicks you out...so frustrating

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Where? Tickets or reservations?

reservation let me select tickets put in cart but then when i went to pay had a problem, 

I can see on RailEurope there are tickets but again i cant book Eurail - its directing me to the train station...it is a bit hard as im in Australia.

Its my only route I cant get a reservation on….

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah it would be good if eurail.com is able to sell this train. Check back in a few days, they seem to have technical issues at the moment.

RailEurope can sell tickets but not passholder reservations since RENFE is illegally preventing their sales through other parties (it's complicated).

Spain is the worst country for Eurail, you've discovered it...

Tried again tonight and it worked!