Solved

First time using Interrail Pass for Germany trip.

Purchased a Interrail pass for myself & my son yesterday for our trip to Germany from UK at the end of June. Managed to add the route to “my trip” & purchased the seat reservation for Eurostar through interrail website. When I go on my reservations it says “more details required” but I’ve done all that on the Eurostar website & have received my e-ticket via email so not sure why I’m still getting that message.

Also couldn’t book seat reservation on high speed train from Brussels via interrail so had to do on DB website, will I just need to show email confirmation of seat reservation on that train if asked?

Apologies for the long winded question but I’ve been having real difficulties with this since early yesterday.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 3 May 2024, 17:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations are totally separate: onboard you show both the app and the reservations PDF. When they're not required staff usually doesn't care/want to see them.

It's always better/cheaper to book through the railway companies when possible so you've done the right thing! :)

Here is a general guide: https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

I'm not sure about the Eurostar issue. I know that you now have to fill a form with passport number and so on but is that it?

Thanks for your response. Yes I followed the link from my reservations that took me straight to Eurostar where I needed to fill in passport info, date of birth etc. Hopefully it will show up on “my trip” at some point, although I do have all the relevant pdf’s & emails so fingers crossed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The website is unlikely to update but yes you're good to go then! :)