Solved

Global pass

• 22 January 2023
  • 5 replies

We live in the UK and purchased an interrail global pass back in October 2022 and planning on using the pass from July 2023 around Europe for 3 months, is this okay with the new rules in place with the EU or would we need to purchase an Eurail pass. 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 22 January 2023, 21:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, Interrail has nothing to do with the European Union.

You need to use an Interrail Pass if you live in Europe (the continent, and yes Great Britain is still part of the continent Europe).

Interrail is still covered/valid by/on the train companies in UK and Irland. Totally it is valid in 33 countries. 

If you live outside Europe (like USA, Japan or Australia) you need an Eurail Pass. People from like Ukraine, Russia, Albania, Malta or Vatican City (not part of Interrail), also get an Interrail Pass. 

Keep in mind that you can’t stay in the Schengen Zone more than 90 days without a visa or permit. 

Hello!I wank to ask.Is it possible to buy global pass in the railway station In Praque?

Thank you in advance.With best regards Khuraman 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello!I wank to ask.Is it possible to buy global pass in the railway station In Praque?

Maybe at Praha hl.n.

The best is to ask Czech railways:

http://www.ceskedrahy.cz/kontakty/zakladni-kontakty/-13076/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think KZ is also, as part of that old Soviet-Union (Temirtau! Öskemen!- old stalin industrial cities) and thus you are entitled to InterRail. EUrail would not be for sale in Praha.

IF you insist on paper pass-obviously the mobile can be bought anywhere- and if not possible anymore in Praha, then pay the cheapest ticket (or bus) to DD=Dresden in Germany and buy there-certainly possible for now by DB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think KZ is also, as part of that old Soviet-Union

That is irrelevant.

and thus you are entitled to InterRail.

Please look up information or refrain from answering. If you live in Kazakhstan, then you need Eurail.

EUrail would not be for sale in Praha.

Have you checked or is this another assumption of yours?