Solved

Urgent Help Required - No more inbound/outbound journeys

• 11 November 2022
  • 11 replies

Planned a 3 day trip from Sheffield (UK) to Frankfurt and back with a stop over in London. 

I am due to travel today and have just activated my pass only to be told that I have to leave the UK and return to the UK in single journeys.

I have accidently used today as a travel day and I can’t undo it even though I have not travelled yet. 

Obviously I wish to pay for my Sheffield to London train separately and use the pass for London to Frankfurt. 

Eurail have no phone number so now I don’t know what to do. Any help appreciated! 

Many thanks,

Gwilym

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 11 November 2022, 11:23

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I'm not sure about your exact situation. So you don't plan to travel today out of the UK? Or you do? 

On your inbound-outbound train day you can take as many trains as you want to get out of the country. You're not restricted to one single journey. 

Hi Brendan, 

My plan looked like this: 

Friday 11th Sheffield > London

Sunday 13th London > Frankfurt

Thursday 17th Frankfurt > London

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you have changed your plans and no longer wish to use the travel day you have just activated for today the only option you have is to contact customer services and ask if they will help you.

They are under no obligation to do this as it is your error but they often will assist in cases like this.

Edit: Link to CS

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Never activate a pass or travel day until you're absolutely certain. Although an accidental tap is always possible. 

Best get in touch with customer support : https://www.interrail.eu/en/support to cancel your travel day. 

Thanks Al, 

I have tried to contact them. Sadly they have no phone number so I just hope they respond quickly to email.

I thought I was activating my pass for a non-outbound travel day (as I am not leaving the UK today). I did not understand that you have to leave the UK on your first day of travel… Hopefully customer services can help me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks Al, 

I have tried to contact them. Sadly they have no phone number so I just hope they respond quickly to email.

Use the form above, be clear what you are needing (the unused day re-set) and when you need it by (17th) and obviously include the details of your pass.

You can use the second in/out day to take your trip on Eurostar on the 13th.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I thought I was activating my pass for a non-outbound travel day (as I am not leaving the UK today). I did not understand that you have to leave the UK on your first day of travel… Hopefully customer services can help me. 

You don’t have to travel out of the county on any specific day but you only have 2 days, any 2 days, out of the overall pass validity to use in your home country.

Just for clarity, Eurostar from/to Britain is included in this home country use.

Thanks all. This has been resolved now :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks all. This has been resolved now :) 

You changed your plans? Because your original plan would need 3 days in your country of residence and that is not possible with Interrail.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @GwilymR 

Could you please send me a private message with your order number? I will look into this as I understand mistakes can be done…

Have a lovely day!