Solved

Booking seats querry Please - Milan - Chamonix & Chamonix - Paris

• 9 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hiya,

Sorry (1st time user) I have purchase my Eurail Global passes, I am logged in, I am looking at booking seat reservations (for July), the departure time options on the left side of screen are each titled ‘seat reservations required’ and there is a from price listed.

Do I assume correctly this is the additional seat reservation fee and not the price of the train ticket? as I am already logged in (& I thus assume being logged in the system should recognise that I have a Eurail global pass paid for)….

The first leg Milan to Sion - references needing to buy a seat reservation to board, but in red writing states “Prices unavailable, no prices found etc etc” Eurail says this leg should be bookable upto 180days in advance. I believe this is a trenitalia train (EC 50) Eurocity,

When I goto the TrenItalia website, this train schedule for July is not yet available.

1. Would peoples experience be that Prices unavailable popup is due to the train schedule being not yet released…., or sold out….? Any further suggestions on How I try to confirm this, To try to book seats etc would be greatly appreciated :)

For traveling Chamonix to Paris a few days later:

This train route has a variety of different trains to hop on, off to reach the destination, The final Leg GENEVE - PARIS (TGV) on the right main schedule column references - you need to buy a seat reservation to board and references over $90 (1st class)…. - I assume this is not a reservation seat fee, and that this is infact the train ticket fee….??

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 9 March 2023, 12:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Neither the TGV or the Trenitalia are available to book right now but they'll be soon.

TGV Bellegarde - Paris should be bought on 

EC Milan - Sion on tickets.oebb.at (11€)

For the journey between Chamonix and Paris, the most direct journey is :

- TER Chamonix - St-Gervais (no reservation)

- TER St-Gervais - Bellegarde (no reservation)

- TGV Bellegarde - Paris

There are trains every 2 hours usually, you can check this week's timetable : it should be similar this summer

I’m afraid @thibcabe forgot the link 😉

Bellegarde-Paris seat reservations can be bought here: https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Neither the TGV or the Trenitalia are available to book right now but they'll be soon.

TGV Bellegarde - Paris should be bought on 

EC Milan - Sion on tickets.oebb.at (11€)

For the journey between Chamonix and Paris, the most direct journey is :

- TER Chamonix - St-Gervais (no reservation)

- TER St-Gervais - Bellegarde (no reservation)

- TGV Bellegarde - Paris

There are trains every 2 hours usually, you can check this week's timetable : it should be similar this summer

The Eurail website will indeed show prices of pass reservations only, without a ticket, increased by a €2 booking fee per person and train.

Trenitalia has just started publishing their summer timetable so you're probably too early. It's also cheaper to book Italian trains and trains Italy-Switzerland on tickets.oebb.at because that site doesn’t have a booking fee. But you'll have to wait until trains become available for booking.

Geneva-Paris is quite expensive, but should be €57 in 1st class. That drops to €10 or €20 is you book from Bellegarde, the first station in France. However, Chamonix to Paris is not via Geneva normally. and should only require one TGV for €10 or €20. What's your travel date?

looking to travel 15 July / 17 July 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Eurail website will indeed show prices of pass reservations only, without a ticket, increased by a €2 booking fee per person and train.

Trenitalia has just started publishing their summer timetable so you're probably too early. It's also cheaper to book Italian trains and trains Italy-Switzerland on tickets.oebb.at because that site doesn’t have a booking fee. But you'll have to wait until trains become available for booking.

Geneva-Paris is quite expensive, but should be €57 in 1st class. That drops to €10 or €20 is you book from Bellegarde, the first station in France. However, Chamonix to Paris is not via Geneva normally. and should only require one TGV for €10 or €20. What's your travel date?