Global Pass - MobileApp 2 travellers - Night train reservation together

Hi...Thanks for reading….So here is the core of my question.

Myself (M) and a friend (F) may travel together this summer.   Each of us if I am correct will buy their own Global Pass.   And if i understand this correctly...we can add their ticket to our pass pretty easily.

However, there are times where we will want to share a double on the night train.   Which means we need to book the double at the same time for 2 different people. (two different Global Pass numbers).

How is this arranged in the mobile app?  Is it even possible?

What does one do if we both want to be in the same night cabin, but are starting out with 2 different Global Passes?

Thanks

-paul

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok..thanks...got it….so basically….All of the rail companies treat the Eurail pass as a free boarding of the train...and then for the extras….like an actual seat...or a cabin...you pay on the rail company site...minus the boarding cost.

Correct. You can often also book on the Eurail website but they add booking fees. You can also book at the ticket office but for night trains it's a good idea to book as soon as you know your travel date.

Ok..thanks...got it….so basically….All of the rail companies treat the Eurail pass as a free boarding of the train...and then for the extras….like an actual seat...or a cabin...you pay on the rail company site...minus the boarding cost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So I guess my question is about booking on “one transaction” in Central Europe….Let’s say I want to take the Dacia Express from Vienna to Bucharest.

That train is best booked on tickets.oebb.at. Do NOT use "Seat reservation only” but add the Interrail/Eurail discount for each person and then select "One-way tickets and day tickets”. ÖBB don't need your pass numbers.

My real question I guess is about the Mobile Eurail Apps ability to book for two people who have different Global Pass accounts/numbers.

Like I said: the app can't book any reservations. It's just for registering the trains you use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The app doesn't book any reservations. All reservations are separate from the app, and the Interrail/Eurail website is often not the best place to make reservations. 

Thanks.

So I guess my question is about booking on “one transaction” in Central Europe….Let’s say I want to take the Dacia Express from Vienna to Bucharest.

Can I book that on the Eurail Mobil App in one transaction?  I mean..when booking...so i just enter both of our Eurail numbers and then pay the surcharge?

OR do I do the same thing from the Austrian or Romanian rail website and add the Eurail number?

My real question I guess is about the Mobile Eurail Apps ability to book for two people who have different Global Pass accounts/numbers.

thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can share a Double compartment but you need to book in one transaction. If you mention the night train, preferably route, date and departure time, then people can suggest the best way(s) to book. The best way is often not on the Eurail website.

Edit: the app cannot book any reservations.