Solved

How do I book reservation on Italiarail with pass?

• 20 May 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 16 replies

I have an eurail global pass. On Eurail it says “ Prices temporarily unavailable. Check back in a few hours to see prices and book this seat reservation. Going from rome to florence on 27 aug 18:10 train

But I found it on ItaliaRail website, how do I book seat/reservation only so I don’t pay for the full price ticket?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 20 May 2022, 09:14

View original

6 replies

Badge +1

I also tried OBB where it says “Ticket not available” when I chose seat only option. But it shows $50 when I choose ticket option

any help? @rvdborgt 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ItaliaRail is just a guy who lives somewhere close to BOS/Mass and makes some pocketmoney by arranging this in his own/but for USA foreign lingo.

Without further details (how many times do we still have to tell that? WHEN, What train/connection?) IMpossible to answer. Most likely-certainly for USA; youre (again ) WAY too early. OR an overtheborder train/ride. Remember: eye-opener: untill very recently REServ for trains in EUR only opened 2 month advance-

And NO-you do not have to have eternal fears about trains being full so long ahead.

Badge +1

ItaliaRail is just a guy who lives somewhere close to BOS/Mass and makes some pocketmoney by arranging this in his own/but for USA foreign lingo.

Without further details (how many times do we still have to tell that? WHEN, What train/connection?) IMpossible to answer. Most likely-certainly for USA; youre (again ) WAY too early. OR an overtheborder train/ride. Remember: eye-opener: untill very recently REServ for trains in EUR only opened 2 month advance-

And NO-you do not have to have eternal fears about trains being full so long ahead.

Thanks, I have added my train details in the post “Going from rome to florence on 27 aug 18:10 train”

Personally, it’s not early for me as june-august is peak time so I’m just trying to get organized because yes you’re right, I have fears about the trains being full in peak season and since I’ve only JUST recently learned that seats for pass holders are limited. 

I’m gathering that it’s pretty relaxed in Italy and I will just have to go against what I’m used to, and book tickets when I’m there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have to use via ÖBB for trains with compulsory reservation the one way ticket option and then at 1x adult put the discount Interrail/Eurail Globalpass. 

only seat reservation works only for trains with optional reservation (like Austria, Germany, ...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I also tried OBB where it says “Ticket not available” when I chose seat only option. But it shows $50 when I choose ticket option

What @seewulf says. Please follow these instructions and you will see prices.

Badge +1

What @seewulf says. Please follow these instructions and you will see prices.

yes I managed to do it this way! thanks @seewulf @Angelo