Solved

I can't find a train in the timetable, so I can't reserve the seat

• 10 December 2021
  • 5 replies

I need to reserve the seat for an high speed train in Italy, that I found on the official schedule of Trenitalia. However, this train doesn’t exist on the Eurail schedule, so it’s impossibile for me to reserve the seat (I could do it probably in a train station in italy, but I’m not in Italy at the moment). What should I do?

The train is a Frecciabianca, from Milano Centrale to Ventimiglia, leaving at 15.10 on the 13/12

icon

Best answer by Retico. 10 December 2021, 15:52

View original

5 replies

After several days of trying, today it magically appeared, thank you for your help!

(and to the others suggesting regional trains, I’m using the frecciabianca because a friend is travelling on that train, otherwise I wouldn’t have spent money on the reservation!)

Thank you again!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I need to reserve the seat for an high speed train in Italy, that I found on the official schedule of Trenitalia. However, this train doesn’t exist on the Eurail schedule, so it’s impossibile for me to reserve the seat (I could do it probably in a train station in italy, but I’m not in Italy at the moment). What should I do?

The train is a Frecciabianca, from Milano Centrale to Ventimiglia, leaving at 15.10 on the 13/12

Hi, I do find tickets available on the date and time you request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In case money is more scarce as time; you can also travel-about hourly, by regional train, and change in Genova, total travel time then around 5-6 hrs.

Normal EUR travelplanners never ever this silly US-style AM and PM, we can count till 24!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can also use the Intercity service on this route, it needs the same time as the Frecciabianca but cost 3€ for a seat (+ additional Interrail.eu fee). 

But you can use the regionale veloce service to Genova and change there to the regionale veloce to Ventimiglia. 

Regionale Veloce (=Regional Train express, also shown as RV or RGV, it doesn’t stop at all the stations, but more often than an long distance train)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Many ticket offices in Europe would be able to book this reservation, including in Switzerland.