Solved

IC 390 Reservation - Night train Hamburg to Copenhagen

• 16 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Dears,

I want to make Seat reservation for the night train IC 390 which goes from Hamburg to copenhagen on 23 June 2023. (23:56 to 7:03)

I tried using DSB and DB sites, both say that reservation is not possible, while Eurail site says that no seat reservation is required.

Could you please let me know if there is a possibility to make the reservation or not.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 March 2023, 19:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I just checked and I am able to make a seat reservation for that train on the 23/6 on bahn.de. I had to log into my DB account to see that it was working. I went as far as to the option where I could choose what seat I wanted.

I don't get any further than this, even when I'm logged in:

Ooops I checked from Copenhagen to Hamburg and not the other way around. Thanks for double-checking @rvdborgt 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I just checked and I am able to make a seat reservation for that train on the 23/6 on bahn.de. I had to log into my DB account to see that it was working. I went as far as to the option where I could choose what seat I wanted.

I don't get any further than this, even when I'm logged in:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can already book on the Eurail website, the price there is €8. It is indeed incorrect that the reservation is optional.

On the DB website it is not possible to book mandatory reservations.

It should be possible to book this train on the DSB pass reservations website for DKK 30 (~€4) but I don't see it there. You could ask DSB (e.g. via Facebook) when they will include this train on their pass reservations website, since it is included on their normal booking website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

(Post removed.)

I thought it was the same as the Stockholm - Hamburg train, but it’s not.