Is the Cinque Terre, Italy trains part of my Eurail pass?

• 30 June 2021
  • 6 replies

When I use the Rail Planner, the Cinque Terre Italy trains do not show up (I had to enter them manually on my Rail Planner). Thanks for the help!

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Cathy,

I’ve had a quick fiddle about with this and you’re absolutely correct - for reasons unknown I physically cannot enter “Vernazza” or “Riomaggiore” into the Interrail timetable app. This may also be the case for one or two other Cinque Terre stations. But even so, I was able to enter “La Spezia”, which allowed me to open up the list of stops on the way there on a direct service from Genoa, and plenty of Cinque Terre stations are listed.

It’s clearly a fault with the Interrail timetable; what I would do is search for service times at trenitalia.com, and know that your pass will cover you. To find out whether individual trains require reservation, click on the grey “i” roundel in the “Train” column; “prenotabile” means they do. Slightly ominously, pretty much all of them do on the Trenitalia website, but don’t on the Interrail app. I’d imagine it’s Interrail that’s wrong in this instance, but I’d hope ticket inspectors would treat passholding travellers kindly where they may have been misinformed.

Hope this helps somewhat!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes you can take the trains at the Cinque Terre the Railplanner of Interrail is not always uptodate as not all companies share the timetables or change them even on short notice. Eurail try to create a full european Railplanner but it´s hard even bigger companies like German Rail tried such feature but gave up few years ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes you can take the trains at the Cinque Terre the Railplanner of Interrail is not always uptodate as not all companies share the timetables or change them even on short notice.

I noticed that some of the Italian regions do not send the timetable data anymore to the European timetable centre. I noticed that last year in the regio around Ravenna, where Trenitalia and a local operator created a new company that now runs all the trains in that regions but keeps their timetable to themselves. This may also happen in other regions.

I see a rail goes from Florence to la spezia, Italy. But is there a train that connects to cinque terre and how do I find it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please have a look at https://www.trenitalia.com/

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I see a rail goes from Florence to la spezia, Italy. But is there a train that connects to cinque terre and how do I find it?

There are lots of trains every day from La Spezia to Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre is just a 10mins ride away from La Spezia.