Solved

Making Reservations

• 23 September 2022
  • 3 replies

• Keeps calm and carries on
  • 10 replies

Hi,

PLEASE HELP ASAP.

I thinking of purchasing  euro rail pass (mobile pass)for 4 adults and 1 child to use in the following routes. but i am scared if there wont be enough reserved seats for 4 adults and 1 child . Is there anyway to check if there are enough reservations BEFORE buying the pass

08/10/22 - Brussels to Paris Nord : leave brussels at 9.55am

11/10/22 - Paris Nord to Zurich : Leave Paris at 9.25am

13/10/22 - Zurich to venice Mestre : :Leave at 9.05 am

15/10/22 : Vennice to Rome : Leave at 9.38am

17/10/22 : Rome to Milan central : leave in the morning

Also using the timetable here it mentions that certain routes dont require a reservation (i.e. Frankfurt Airport to Amsterdam). Is this correct ? Can i rely on this information as accurate ? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 September 2022, 08:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

1. Strasbourg-Basel TER train can not be reserved (hop on the train and take a seat) and trains in Switzerland Basel-Zürich have only optional reservation. Only Tourist generaly reserve because they do not know it is optional.

2. Beacause it works so. You look for one eay tickets with the discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass. Searching only a seat you don't get it via ÖBB for train with compulsory reservations.

3.same here you have to get the option one way ticket + Interrail discount.

thank you very much for this. Its really helpful. Few follow up questions if thats ok.

1. With the Paris to Zurich ticket - Are you suggesting just book a seat reservation from Paris to Strasbourg only ? If this is the case can I simply walk into the other train from Strasbourg to Zurich ?
  2. With Zurich to Venice - What do you mean by Dont use reservation only ? Why is this different from Paris to Zurich ticket ?  Also I just noticed that I can get a ticket from Zurich to Milan without seat reservation . But need a reservation from Milan to Venice. Do you know how I can book this ?
  3. With Venice to Rome and Rome to Milan when I search the OBB website it comes up saying no tickets available but when I check here on euro rail it comes up saying I need a reservation. How do I make this ? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • 08/10/22 - Brussels to Paris Nord : leave brussels at 9.55am: check via b-europe here.
  • 11/10/22 - Paris Nord to Zurich : Leave Paris at 9.25am. Only the first train (Paris - Strasbourg) needs a reservation. Check via b-europe here (this is a different website from the one above).
  • 13/10/22 - Zurich to venice Mestre : :Leave at 9.05 am: check via ÖBB here (do NOT use "Seat only” but add the Interrail/Eurail discount to each traveller and then look for normal tickets.)
  • 15/10/22 : Vennice to Rome : Leave at 9.38am: als check via ÖBB. There is no limited pass holder quota, so seats are available until the trains is full.
  • 17/10/22 : Rome to Milan central : leave in the morning. Also via ÖBB. No limited pass holder quota.