Solved

Seat reservations required, prices unavailable

im catching a tgv from paris to geneva 29th June. it says booking is required. i tried to book but it seems to be fully booked.

It says "Prices unavailable. No price results were found for this connection. It is possible that all pass holder seats are sold out. Please try searching for another connection or check 'More information' and try other ways to book this seat reservation. If no pass holder seats are available anymore you need to buy a separate full fare ticket to board."

Am i allowed to stand or sit on the train floor without a seat reservation. All the trains for the day say the same thing. 

I tried booking on other train sites and all say fully booked or don't give option. 

If I have an eu rail pass can I use that amd just stand on the tgv train, or is a seat reservation essential?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 May 2022, 19:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

im catching a tgv from paris to geneva 29th June. it says booking is required. i tried to book but it seems to be fully booked.

[...] All the trains for the day say the same thing.

I see availability in all TGVs Paris - Geneva for 29 June, except for the one leaving at 18:17. Maybe it was a temporary problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Its INTERNational -at least to what the app thinks and these are IMpossible to do online. Most often you will get a message that a paper RES has te be sent.

As its also quite pricey. You can save by only using TGV till Bellegarde (=last stop in FR just before border) and use frequent onward local trains (NO RES needed) onward-these will also even serve more stops in GNV-possibly closer by place to stay.

IF you have a little more time and wants to see nice views: take TGV till Annemasse or even (very few) to Evian (yes, from those mineral waters)=south side of lake GNV, then cutback by hourly localtrain via newly opened tunnel under GNV. IF you want to stay in this area-its a lot cheaper in FR as in CH and just a very short borderhop. Or even the ferry (discount) Evian-Lausanne and then onward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You must have a reserved seat to travel with the TGV. If you want to travel by TGV you need to travel on a different day. 

There should be other trains, that take longer time, on the route that don't require a reservation.