Solved

TGV seat reservation available on SNCF site but not on Interrail

• 11 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone!

I have a question concerning seat reservation on tgv. I want to take the train shown in the screenshot, but interrail tells me that it is not possible to make a seat reservation on that train. However I checked sncf site and there it is possible to book a train ticket for the same train, meaning that IT IS NOT SOLD OUT, but on sncf it is not possible to make a seat reservation with the option “interrail”. How can I solve this situation?  

Thank you very much,

Roberto

icon

Best answer by Angelo 11 July 2022, 17:05

View original

4 replies

Due to a bug in the system Interrail/Eurail only sell the 10 EUR pass holder seats. They can’t sell the 20 EUR pass holder seats. That’s why you can’t buy a pass holder seat even if there are seats available for 20 EUR.

There are no 10 and 20 € pass holder seats on this route. ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

On this route there are only some seats for Pass users. You can try to call directly Deutsche Bahn or SNCF. 

Deutsche Bahn has also ticket offices in Italy, like in Verona or Milano. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Due to a bug in the system Interrail/Eurail only sell the 10 EUR pass holder seats. They can’t sell the 20 EUR pass holder seats. That’s why you can’t buy a pass holder seat even if there are seats available for 20 EUR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I thought that as its INTERNat it cannot be done-in whatever situation. Call or visit counter.

YOu can both cut the cost and have far more choice-but more changes and more time in train: take domestic FR TGV till Strasbourg-use local SWEG shuttle to offenburg (Ofen burg-as its one of the hottest places in DE), then other train, in DE always optional RES only-and the local doubledeck trains cannot even be RES