Solved

Train and Eurostar booked for strike day on 27th July

• 13 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi 

We have just heard the news about the strike on July 27th. We are booked to leave Oxenholme station on train to get Eurostar that day, using our Interrail passes. This will be the first leg of our 16dsy holiday. Accommodation booked in five countries. 

Absolutely gutted. I know this sounds stupid but can anyone advise? Obviously we don't know if the Eurostar will be affected but if it is,. ..well. .what? Speechless 

Any help most welcome 

Thanks 

Deb

icon

Best answer by Al_G 13 July 2022, 19:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ask @ your friendly local station or the train comp for this how they may be accomodate you and try to explain the (probably to them completely unknown) travel OUT in 1 day rule.

Are you BRits not very well used to strikes etc-they are far, far more frequent i=on that island as here

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The train companies response will be there is nothing they can do if disrupted by strikes. They already massively struggle to find replacement buses for small localised issues, it just won’t happen for a national strike.

My advice would be to make alternative arrangements, perhaps look to travel on the day before by other means so you can resume your planned holiday on the continent.

If you wait until the day you will effectively be banking on two long distance trains running as planned or you will be out of options and be just one of thousands desperately trying to travel on overwhelmed alternatives.