Solved

Train I'd like to book is on webpage but not in the app

• 28 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone, I have a train I’d like to book (Venice to Ljubljana on Saturday 31st July leaving at 0651am), this train is on the interail website but not my app. 

a booking isn’t required for this train. However, I don’t understand how you can show up for a train without a booking. As all the stations I’ve been to this far, you need to show/scan a ticket or QR code to access the train platform. 

is anyone able to help me with:

1. how can I book this train as it doesn’t have anywhere I can book it on the webpage 
  2. how do you show up to a train without a reservation and any form of ticket/QR code?

thank you! 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 July 2021, 16:47

View original

4 replies

Thank you! I’ve sorted it out and added it manually. Really appreciate your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for your reply! 
So I can see where I add a journey on my mobile app, then it wants me to select the journey. However the journey I want to take is only showing on the interail webpage and not the app.

If a train is not visible in the app, then you'll need to add it manually (each train separately). There's a blue link in the app at the bottom of the planner to do so.

Thank you for your reply! 
So I can see where I add a journey on my mobile app, then it wants me to select the journey. However the journey I want to take is only showing on the interail webpage and not the app. 

I can’t see how to book the train on the webpage. 

yhank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Many trains can be used without a reservation. Your Interrail is your ticket and that's what you need to show when requested (mobile version: the barcode in the app).

As to your connection from Venice to Ljubljana: it consists of 2 regional trains with a change in Trieste. Reservations are not available, so just fill in your trip report (paper Interrail) or add a journey to your pass (mobile Interrail) and you'll be fine.