Solved

Travel as a group

• 28 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I will travel with my boyfriend starting Friday 3rd of September. We bought each a interrail pass and activated it on our mobile phones. We tried booking our first trip from Paris to Ancona. This travels needs seat reservations and we wanted to be able to book side-by-side seats but couldn’t find our way through the Rail Planner application to do this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Also I am wondering how the app and our web interrail account refer to one another because I can seem to find the trip I added in the app on my web account. In a word I would need help understanding how both app and website work and how we can travel easily together.

Thank you,

Loane

icon

Best answer by Felipe.iturrieta 30 August 2021, 10:21

View original

2 replies

Hello Felipe,

Thank you for your reply. In the end we got through to duplicating a travel to add both names on the reservation and then came the issue of having a pass cover number (since we have mobile passes it is not given). But I submitted a request and got a quick reply and we were able to book our seats.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Idanes,

Great that you are planning a trip with your boyfriend. Unfortunately, the self-service tool in the website and the mobile Rail Planner App are not really connected. To make seat reservations together, you only need to register together at the self-service tool, by adding more travellers to the same account. You can then request the reservations together - the system will automatically book the seats as close together as possible. You can read more on how to make seat reservations on https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations .