Solved

Travelling from Paris to London via Eurostar, need to book seat reservation

I need to Travel from Paris to London via Eurostar on Apr 24, 2022, with Eurail Global Pass, and need to book seat reservation, but it is not available at Eurail.com. Where I can buy the seat reservation? Please help me. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 April 2022, 09:12

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The most likely cause is always no more pass holder seats. Belgian railways show this very nicely. If you keep clicking on "Earlier trains” and "Later trains”, you'll see the last available train before and the first available train after the weekend:

This is for 2 people in 2nd class. So no available trains Friday through Tuesday.

I am running into the same dilemma but when I go to the Belgian railway it says the prices are $1150. I just paid this same amount for my global pass. Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am running into the same dilemma but when I go to the Belgian railway it says the prices are $1150. I just paid this same amount for my global pass. Am I missing something?

Yes you need the link to the website wich shows only reservations for Eurostar. 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish 

Please note, that you need a Cover Number of a Paper Pass to buy at B-Europe the reservation. If you have a mobile pass you can request a cover number via customer service (long wainting time) or tag some of Eurail staff in the community. 

Thank you for this info. I have a mobile pass, so I just requested a cover number through their website email. I am not seeing where you would link the accounts though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have a mobile pass, so I just requested a cover number through their website email. I am not seeing where you would link the accounts though.

Which accounts would you want to link?

From Eurail to B-Europe, but now I am not seeing any availability on their website either. Ugh! I am thinking we are going to have to fly and try to get a refund on these five global tickets.😥

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no need to link a Eurail account to B-europe.

When would you like to travel then?

I am trying to get all 5 of us tickets on May 28th.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am trying to get all 5 of us tickets on May 28th.

You didn't say for which route, but I'm guessing it might be London to Paris? Because that's where I don't see available pass holder seats on 26/27/28/29 May. There are still some normal tickets available in the evening of 28 May and some trains are already full in 2nd class so it's very busy. Lowest available fare is 1120 euros for 5 persons.

Yes, from london to paris. My issue is I bought the 5 global passes last night and when I try to book reservations it says there are none available on the Eurail site. I see the lowest fair for 1120 euros on B Europe but this seems to be in addition to the 1150 I paid last night. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, from london to paris. My issue is I bought the 5 global passes last night and when I try to book reservations it says there are none available on the Eurail site. I see the lowest fair for 1120 euros on B Europe but this seems to be in addition to the 1150 I paid last night. 

The 1120 are normal tickets. No pass needed.

28 May is in Ascension day weekend, which may be why it's so busy. Or maybe there are some holidays starting in the UK. On 21 and 14 May there's still plenty of a availability and even on 7 May there are still some pass holder seats.

It's always a good idea to check in advance if pass holder seats are really available because some trains, such as Eurostar, have a limited quota for them.

BUT I already bought the global pass. This is my dilemma. I am worried I just lost $1150 by buying this pass. I am a bit upset. I have emailed them to ask about a refund. I had no idea it was a holiday when we booked these. My bad! I appreciate your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

BUT I already bought the global pass. This is my dilemma. I am worried I just lost $1150 by buying this pass. I am a bit upset. I have emailed them to ask about a refund.

Refunds are explained on this page.

Hi rvdborget, Can you tell me which website you saw the 1120 price? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi rvdborget, Can you tell me which website you saw the 1120 price? 

That was here. You can also book directly via Eurostar. Prices should be the same. I hope this price is still available (I didn't check).

This is what it showed yesterday when I looked. Do I need to have a discount to enter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Click on Earlier or Later until you see something. Available trains on 28 May are only in the evening:

(This is for 5 adults.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are still 3 available trains, also available on eurail.com:

Where do you get stuck then? If there's an error, please post a screenshot.

oh got it! Thank you!

I just got it. Thanks!

I Have the same problem but my travel Paris-London is the 16th april, a message “seat reservation unavailable” means that there are no seats available on the train? or it is a temporary error of the application?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In case you wonder why-out of the continent and not used to all things here: its EASTER-and in many countries that means 2 extra free holidays for all workers; the friday before and the monday after. PLus the very recent relaxation of all those pesky covid rules makes this a short travelboom.

IF you are really fixed on travel on those days, as more and more people seem to plan month ahead everything: check a BUS: Flix or blabla. With some luck even cheaper as just the supplmt to pay on a pass-but they also do demand-pricing and that goes up on busy days. PLUS that one of the 2 major ferries FR-UK is in strike or problems so there are much fewer boats-and miles long truck lines awating transportation over the channel.