Solved

Trouble booking Italian night trains

• 3 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to book the night train from Naples to Turin (InterCity Notte 35496) but can’t find it listed in the reservation section of the Interrail site.  On the TrenItalia site, the train shows up as having plenty of seats available in all classes of travel, but there’s no way to connect a reservation to my interrail pass. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 3 August 2021, 11:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My experience from this year is to reserve directly at the trainstation. Before that it could be done easy via Italiarail.com :) Often the saverfares if trenitalia are cheaper as the reservation fee :) For example i paid 89€ for a single sleeper from Palermo to Milan :)

Can´t find your train number :) Is it the Nighttrain via Genoa (more scenic along the coast) or via Milan :)

Route via Genoa

Route via Rome - Milan

There are even more Nighttrains on the route :D

Thanks very much for the help! 

It is the train via Genoa.  I how long in advance should I try to book?  Am worried about seats filling up…

Much obliged for your time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks very much for the help! 

It is the train via Genoa.  I how long in advance should I try to book?  Am worried about seats filling up…

Much obliged for your time!

depends from day to day :) Note that some Nighttrains just offer private compartments due the restrictions in some Italian regions :/

Often the saverfares if trenitalia are cheaper as the reservation fee :) For example i paid 89€ for a single sleeper from Palermo to Milan :)

Hi seewulf!

Im hesitating to buy a pass for my trip in Italy in october… I found a 63€ ticket for Milano-Palermo, and I’m wondering how much the reservation fee (in couchette) is for pass holders, and therefore if it is interesting to purchase a pass or not! Maybe you know it as you seem to have use that connexion recently? ;) I would also be interested in the same information for the Napoli-Milano hehe.

I’m having trouble finding this information as I am not in Europe and the Interrail.eu website is not working in the country I am in :(

Thanks a lot!

Simon

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@la_sim look at eurail.com or in the railplanner app. The prices for Interrail and Eurail users are the same. 

But here the prices for you from interrail.eu, but I think it costs more if you have to take a complete compartment, which on some trains you have to do?