Solved

Trouble making a reservation for friend

• 22 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there!

I have a question about making a reservation for the train. My boyfriend and I booked our tickets together, but I am already traveling and we would meet each other half way. But since we booked together I am the only one who can make a reservation.

So, if I make the reservation for him, will the reservation show up on his digital Pass? Or do I have to be with him since I booked it? 

Or is there another way for him to make the reservation instead?

Thanks for the help :) 

icon

Best answer by Nanja 26 July 2021, 11:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are usually more ways to make reservations. The Interrail app and website are the last options to try because of the extra costs involved. Please let us know which trains you want to book so people can advise where to book.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Marije, if you want to book through our reservation system you can. If the reservation is available as e-ticket, it will be sent to the email address of the person who made the booking. Your personal ticket needs to be downloaded on your phone so that you show it whenever the ticket inspector asks for it.

When making reservations they do not show up in the App nor can be added to the digital Pass. You can just show your digital Pass and separate e-ticket on your phone. 

There are also alternative ways of making reservations indeed, such as via ticket desks, phone number etc.