Solved

Unable to find my train timing on Thalys main website

• 2 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello all, I will be travelling from Paris nord to brussels on 13th Feb and i had already booked a train timing from the Eurail main website and paid for seats reservation (as i have the global pass). It gives me an E ticket and it’s u see Thylas plus it fits nicely the Eurail main website and my Eurail app that generates the QR code (which is rare as the app is not up the date), and i’m feeling very relief. 

So recently, there have been train disruptions and strikes so i’ve been checking Thylas main website (as that is what Eurail website suggested after you press “train disruptions”)  in order to make sure the train that i had booked via the Eurail website is smooth going and not disrupted. However, after keying in my train departure and arrival station i could not seems to find the booking i’ve made via eurail website using the pass on the Thylas website. Can someone please advise what is going on - does it means Eurail has set aside some booking that don’t appear on Thylas website or…? How come i am not able to check on Thylas main website the train that i’ll be getting on but i did not book via Thylas as i’ve the global pass so booked straight from Eurail.

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Schelte 3 February 2023, 00:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Singhy.

Depends. IF it is becse of the railways themselves-they are responsible to put you on a next train with empty seats-on busy days that is not very easy.

IF there is a strike again-and yes, there are,lots at the current time, esp. in FRance and a little less in BElgium, these may also be sudden and unannounced or only for part of the workers-so that some trains cannot go. Then there is theory and praxis-in theory above holds-in practice you will be left on your own. It helps if you know to find ALternative ways-thee take longer, more changes, but there are plenty.

From BRU to AMS there are also hourly regional BeNeLux trains-yellow and red, these have No RES but take a little longer. Which is just 1 of the ALT there often are! Lah!

Thank you! this is quite funny because i’m sure i couldn’t find the timing on the website yesterday. In case of disruption, what should be the correct procedure?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I can see the train 8.07 on the 12th of February on the Thalys website. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thank you for your response. My journey is on the 12th Feb 08:07 to 09:39 from Paris Nord to Bruxelles Midi/Zuid.

Will you advise for this period of time? I’ve another one as well which is Bruxelles Midi/Zuid going to Amsterdam Centraal on 14th Feb at 08:52 to 10:44

In case of anything, what should i do if i’m already at the station and i’m not aware of trains not able to board? 

Both those trains are being sold by Thalys, so they expect to run them. No issues are expected yet.

Thank you for your response. My journey is on the 12th Feb 08:07 to 09:39 from Paris Nord to Bruxelles Midi/Zuid.

Will you advise for this period of time? I’ve another one as well which is Bruxelles Midi/Zuid going to Amsterdam Centraal on 14th Feb at 08:52 to 10:44

In case of anything, what should i do if i’m already at the station and i’m not aware of trains not able to board? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I’m not aware of any disruptions for that day. No strikes planned in France, Belgium or the Netherlands that day, no engineering works planned. (https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Disruptions)

I think the Thalys website only displays bookings made by them, and not via 3rd party websites; like Eurail. You have a valid pass, and reservations. So no need to worry. If you show up for the departure time as mentioned in your reservation, you’ll be able to board.

What’s your journey, from which station to which station?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What time will you be traveling?