Solved

Can't book Rail&Fly -> "Segment not found"

Hi all,

wanted do book a Rail&Fly Ticket to our flight tomorrow, but the last “Check-In”-step is cancelled by the message “Segment not found”.
Called the airline and Deutsche Bahn already, both claim that is not up to them.

How can I get the ticket. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Marion 7 April 2022, 13:58

View original

10 replies

Hi @Jk2022 ,

sorry that it will not help you anymore, but we couldn't figure out any solution, neither with DB nor Qatar. Several hours in both hotlines to no avail.

But since this problem still exists and is obviously googlable, here our story:

We just took the ICE and discussed with the train conductor and let her try the booking process herself and guess what: "segment not found".

After some conversation about charging the double cost of a normal ticket (= "Schwarzfahren") and claim it afterwards from Qatar, she let us drive without valid ticket.

We hoped that booking would be possible for our return, but it wasn't either. So we directly reached to the Qatar counter at FRA after arrival and he managed somehow to rebook the segments and was suddenly able to book it and printed us the desired tickets.

So the best option would be to directly reach out to a person from Qatar at the airport in advance (not the useless hotline). Don't know if they have a phonenumber.

Hope that helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jk2022 You need to get Qatar Airways to help you. 

There is no one here that can help you.

I booked the flight including rail&fly at qatarairways.

I need a solution for akute problem.

The flight starts on thursday.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi folks,

i have the same problem like Andy. The system knows me, but at the end of the process by pressing check-in it says the the segment was not found.

Is there any solution for the problem?

qatar airways says I should go to the db and the other way round. That is boring.

It will ultimately be the responsibility of whoever sold you the product to sort it out, don’t accept the brush-off from them, they sold it, they need to sort it.

Hi folks,

i have the same problem like Andy. The system knows me, but at the end of the process by pressing check-in it says the the segment was not found.

Is there any solution for the problem?

qatar airways says I should go to the db and the other way round. That is boring.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Andy, Interrail doesn't have a Rail&Fly offer. Maybe you can reach directly Qatar Airlines or DB's customer service? I hope this helps. Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AndyB  did you get any code? Maybe you got a “Bahn-Tix” code to get your ticket from a Ticketmachine of German Rail.

Strange that the employee of DB refered to Interrail (would like to know the station and the time and exactly where DB Servicepoint, DB Reisezentrum or really the DB Customer Hotline? )

As you booked with Qatar you should ask them for assistence :)

Hi,

thank you for your answers.

@rvdborgt 

I booked the tickets together with the flight directly with Qatar Airlines. The DB employee referred me to interrail (incl. naming the homepage). But unfortunately I did not find a phone number.

It is also not the first time that I do this and usually it works perfectly fine. The only thing that has changed is the booking system. 

The fact that I can log in with booking number and name and also the destination station is already known, indicates that I am definitely known in the system. 

Apparently interrail is not the right contact, so I have to look elsewhere for a solution. 

@mcadv
I have already paid for the ticket (indirectly), but it will probably come down to buying a new ticket and then claiming the money back.

Sorry for the disturbance, thank you all and have a nice day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

AFAIK-but I have left that travel-trade a few yrs ago now and was not familiair with all the INs+OUTs, since quite a few yrs, IF it was offered at all, done by the travel agency or travel company as they would need to have special contracts for it with bahn/DB. I am quite sure that DB would not sell them anymore along its normal and various sale-channels. Or maybe/perhaps the odd airline too-but that does not seem to apply as you said.

JUst see what bahn offers in Sparpreise vor your day to that Flughafen

Or try-if you are a very serious german and also very much geizgeil, a forum like drehscheibe-online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where are you booking this "Rail&Fly” ticket? Interrail doesn't sell any.