italian permenant resident but tunisian origins

  • 9 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey as in the title above i have a permanent resident permit in Italy and iam Tunisian my question is do i need to travel with my passport inside of Europe ( in case of a control) or my italian id, residence permit and  passport copy is enough because i fear losing my own passport


Best answer by St Kristoffer 10 August 2023, 09:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A residence permit is not a travel document. A passport copy is not valid either.

If you now (also) have Italian citizenship and an Italian ID card, then you can use that to travel.

Userlevel 2

Hey @Yassine Msalmi A  residence permit issued by any of the Schengen countries allows you to spend 90 out of 180 days in any Schengen country and also in any country in the European Union. You do also have to bring your passport along with your permit when you travel.