Eurorail or Interrail?

  • 24 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have a non-EU passport and also the long-term residence card (for 1 year, the plastic one) in Czech Republic.

I am planning to travel in this route : Venezia Mestre --- Salzburg Hbf --- Muenchen Hbf --- Brno hl.n.

So the questions is :

  1. Is the long-term residence (plastic) card enough to show as the proof of official document when getting Interrail pass? Or do I have to get an Eurail pass?
  2. I am not familiar with the inbound/outbound rule. According to the route that I am planning, does it violate the rule?

Best answer by Yorkie 24 September 2022, 11:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF this is really the only trip you intend to make (but how do you get from CZ to Vnz then?) then a pass will cost (much) more as simply advance tickets. With some luck you can do both legs for 2x29€/seat

In fact this distinction does only matter when you want to make more as the 2 trips in home-country-CZ for you-in all other cases there is no difference

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Firstly your one year residency card is fine for an Interrail pass.

Re the in/out rule you can freely travel in your home country on 2 of your pass days.  Just be careful if you travel in overnight and then try to catch another train. If in doubt post your full in and out itinerary and the experts will advise.