Solved

From Milan to Switzerland: area of validity with One Country Pass Switzerland

• 14 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all! I'm planning to buy a One Country Pass Switzerland. My journey will start in Milan and I'm planning to go from Milan to Zweisimmen via Spiez. It's not clear to me from what station my Pass will be valid. From Domodossola (last stop in Italy before reaching the Swiss border) or from Brig (first stop in Switzerland)? 

I know I need to buy a ticket with reservation from Milan to Switzerland before using my Interrail One Country Pass. 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Sara

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 15 March 2023, 00:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Your One-country pass will be valid from Domodossola.

Tickets are way cheaper for Milan-Domo than Milan-Brig anyway so that's great news !

To Domodossola, you have the choice between Eurocitys and regional trains (not much longer) and then either a RegioExpress Lötschberger or a Eurocity/Intercity train.

If you have time I'd really recommend travelling over the Old Lötschberg Route (via Goppenstein-Kandersteg). The views are really nicer than the 35-km tunnel ! :) You can take the RegioExpress running on the old line in Brig.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Switzerland, I'd be happy to answer

Just a note : seat reservations are optional in Switzerland and nobody does them so don't bother, it'll save you money too !

Btw the SBB app is very useful to use for all your train travels in Switzerland (and even for all of Europe)

Thank you very much for the extremely useful information! I'd love to travel over the Old Lötschberg Route. It must be awesome! Hope to have the time! :)