Solved

[Help] Which pass to buy?

• 29 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

My family and I would like to travel to Antwerp (Belgia) and Amsterdam (The Netherlands), our country of residence is Germany (we have German ID but with non-EU Passport). Our itinerary is as follows:

• 1st journey: Leipzig (our hometown) - Antwerp
  • 2nd journey: Antwerp - Amsterdam
  • 3rd journey: Amsterdam - Antwerp
  • 4th journey: Antwerp - Leipzig

In this case, can we buy the Benelux Pass or should we buy the Global 4-Day Pass? Also, can we buy the Interrail Pass or should we buy the Eurail Pass?

Looking forward to your answer. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 29 November 2022, 10:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need a global pass for your travel and as @BrendanDB says it will be cheaper to buy normal tickets, Supersparpreis Europa, than buying a pass. But if you buy normal tickets you loose the flexibility that you have with a pass and you need to decide well in advance what trains you want to travel with to/from Germany to get a cheap price. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

When are you travelling? If you book months in advance ordinary tickets will probably be a better deal than a pass.

I find ticket prices Antwerp-Leipzig (on a random day in March - for adults) for 57,5 EUR, Antwerpen-Amsterdam can be done for 20 EUR. Amsterdam-Leipzig even for 37,5 EUR.

Returning from Amsterdam to Antwerp is not really logical in my opinion. In total you’ll pay no more than 115-135 EUR. A four day pas will cost you 246 EUR for an adult. Quite a difference.

Better stay a bit longer in Antwerp, and return to Germany via Amsterdam (or start in Amsterdam and then go to Antwerp). I wouldn’t go back to Antwerp when you’re in Amsterdam, doesn’t really make sense with the train connections :)