Solved

Interrailing during COVID

• 13 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello guys ! My name is Vasileios, I am 24 years old from Patras, Greece, and I am planning to go on an Interrail Trip on 7 countries with my girlfriend on September 2021. 

I would like to hear your predictions. Do you think it will be possible, provided that from 1st July a European vaccination pass will be available (we are both vaccined)? Has anyone interrailed during these covid times?

Thank you for your time and congratulation on the beautiful idea of this forum !

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 June 2021, 10:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

No need to worry! Just have your great time!

If you go through Serbia, take a paper copy of your certificate, no matter you have it mobile, as travellers told me they were kindly asked for a paper copy there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello guys ! My name is Vasileios, I am 24 years old from Patras, Greece, and I am planning to go on an Interrail Trip on 7 countries with my girlfriend on September 2021. 

I would like to hear your predictions. Do you think it will be possible, provided that from 1st July a European vaccination pass will be available (we are both vaccined)? Has anyone interrailed during these covid times?

Also check reopen.europa.eu. There will be a COVID-19 certificate but each country will still have its own entry conditions. The COVID-19 certificate is just an easier and standard way to represent information on vaccination and tests.

Thank you for the answers ! So do you think there will be a possibility of quarantine in September, even with the COVID-19 certificate? Because that would make interrailing impossible

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for the answers ! So do you think there will be a possibility of quarantine in September, even with the COVID-19 certificate? Because that would make interrailing impossible

September is still a long time into the future and nobody can predict what will happen.

Userlevel 3
Badge

EU agreed for "Immediate stop" rule - so if anything bad happen in your country, your certificate may not be accepted even if you are fully vaccinated. 

Compared to the new normal, it sounds also normal. My plan is not to do any reservations that can not be cancelled last minute.