Solved

Multiple trips from Brussels to Germany and back

• 11 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I'm going to the EURO’s next summer. I travel from Brussels to German host cities. These are my travel movements: Brussels - Hamburg, Hamburg - Brussels, Brussels - Leipzig, Leipzig - Brussels, Brussels - Munich, Munich - Brussels. Can I use the German Rail Pass with these travel movements? Or do I need another Pass?
icon

Best answer by ralderton 11 December 2023, 09:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, that would be a good option. The Germany pass is valid to Brussels on DB services only (not Eurostar).

There is also some special ticket options for Euros ticket holders.

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/event-guide/ticket-holders/

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hey, just be aware, that you can only leave and return to your home country once each way with the internail pass.

In case you are a Belgium citizen, than going back and forth from and to Brussels multiple times is tricky.

you can only start from beyond the border on most of your trips.

check the conditions.

For the global pass only. 

If you use one country passes you are only allowed to use it in the booked country.

There is the exception of the German Rail Pass that is also valid on the ICE till Brussels or DB-ÖBB EC/RJ Munich-Innsbruck-Verona-Venice/Bologna. German citizen are not allowed to buy it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, you could use a German pass for that.

As well as Germany it is also valid to/from Brussels via Liege, Aachen, Cologne.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

----

hey, just be aware, that you can only leave and return to your home country once each way with the internail pass.

In case you are a Belgium citizen, than going back and forth from and to Brussels multiple times is tricky.

you can only start from beyond the border on most of your trips.

check the conditions.