Solved

Pass help please? Travelling in Norway

So myself and my  teenage child are heading to Norway in July we fly in to Bodo  and will be travelling via train over a 4 week period in to the middle of August. Norway has an 8 day within one month pass so do i need to count how many days travel for July then how many days travel for August and buy a different pass for both months or does the month just mean 30/31 days. I am so confused

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 2 March 2023, 00:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Note that by default the interrail site shows youth prices for global passes and adult prices for one-country passes, which might cause some confusion when comparing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Should i just buy a global pass in the sale for 2 months instead?Evan though i am only using the train in Norway it seems cheaper

8 days/1 month in Norway costs €295.

7 days/2 months global pass costs €316 in the current sale.

10 days/2 months global pass costs €378 in the current sale.

I'm not sure why a global pass would seem cheaper, unless you live quite far away from the UK airport you will use, so you could e.g. use the 10 days/2 months pass to travel to/from that airport.

Should i just buy a global pass in the sale for 2 months instead?Evan though i am only using the train in Norway it seems cheaper

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The pass can start on any day and is then valid for 1 month, e.g. 15 July until 14 August.