Solved

Pass or not pass

• 23 February 2023
  • 3 replies

To commemorate my 50th anniversary of going inter railing my wife and I booked a months inter railing.

We have found the whole thing very complicated and the cost of reservations an unpleasant surprise especially the Eurostar.

But what concerns me most is that Im not sure that I can see my PASS.  I have an email that gives me our two PASS numbers but nothing that looks like a PASS or a ticket. What do I have to show a conductor??

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 February 2023, 00:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We have activated our passes- we had no reason not to?

What is the problem with having activated them?

There is no advantage in activating a pass or a travel day in advance, only a possible disadvantage. Activating a pass is not needed to book reservations.

You can only cancel activation until 23:59 CET before validity starts. If something unexpected happens after that, e.g. you wake up ill, then it will be too late to cancel activation. So I suggest you cancel activation now and only activate again on your start day, shortly before boarding the first train. We've read too many stories about people who lost travel days because they had activated in advance.

We have activated our passes- we had no reason not to?

What is the problem with having activated them?

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please check this page:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started

Also remember NOT to activate your pass in advance. Just do it shortly before boarding your first train.