Solved

Senior's passes or Flexi saver pass

• 7 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about passes that I can’t find the answer to on the website.

Is it cheaper to get a Senior's rate for two people with the 10 day global pass, first class, or to purchase the Eurail Global Pass Saver Flexi for 2 people?

I see that the Saver Flexi pass is at a 15% fare reduction for 2 to 5 people travelling together, and covers first class.  My husband and I are seniors and wish to travel together, first class, and cannot see which option is less expensive.  We wish to purchase our passes this month,  so want to take advantage, too, of the discount that is on at the moment.  We are purchasing in Canadian Dollars.

Also, do the Scandinavian trains have first class travel?

Finally, how can we contact customer service?  All I get is a robot.

Thank you for your help!

Hilary Merritt

icon

Best answer by mcadv 8 March 2022, 13:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Hilary Merritt, rvdborgt and mcadv are right, this discount is not available anymore. Senior Passes are discounted on our website all year around, and on top of that we have a 10% discount available at the moment. If you have any further questions, do let us know. Cheers, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Has disappeared when the new style EuRail started (by now 3 yrs ago?). I should know due to my former job as tr-agent also inbound for US/CN/JP.

@Hilary: this discount is no more and that book is WAAAAAY out of date. Whole pass-scheme has changed some 3 years ago. The good news is that global Eurail passes as such now cost a lot less as before, giving you even more discount!! AND if you buy this month you get a further 10% discount too.

IN NO/SE/DK/FI ONLY the major daytime IC-trains usually have 1st cl-except for DK they all need to be REServed. Local/regional trains hardly ever. At least In DK/DSB you get a bonus of free cf/T/OJ.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Supersaver Flexipass is covered in the "Europe by Eurail 2022" book, showing a 15% iscount for each person ravelling together in groups of 2 to5 people. Many years ago we used this discount while travelling with our chidren, and it's still listed as a fare option. However, I cannot see it on the website.

It looks like this discount has disappeared or was temporary. @Nanja, is this still available?

The Supersaver Flexipass is covered in the "Europe by Eurail 2022" book, showing a 15% iscount for each person ravelling together in groups of 2 to5 people. Many years ago we used this discount while travelling with our chidren, and it's still listed as a fare option. However, I cannot see it on the website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I see that the Saver Flexi pass is at a 15% fare reduction for 2 to 5 people travelling together, and covers first class.

I'm not aware of any deal for 2 people with 15% discount at the moment. Where did you see that? Do you have a URL?

Also, do the Scandinavian trains have first class travel?

Most trains do. Some regional or local trains don't.

Finally, how can we contact customer service?  All I get is a robot.

Customer service can be reached via this form. I'm not sure what you have to say to the chatbot to get to the form :(