Solved

Wrong birth date on pass

• 26 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Unfortunately, I entered the wrong birth date by accident and now there is a wrong birth date on my pass. I haven’t activated the pass yet but I want to go travelling in 2 weeks so it is quite urgent. 

i already send an inquiry to the customer service but did not get any answer. What can I do? 

Thanks and have a wonderful day! 

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 17 August 2022, 08:32

View original

9 replies

Oops. Sorry! Thank you. I contacted them through Twitter. Hopefully they’ll respond!

Eurail “customer Service” is the WORST customer service I have EVER TRIED to contact! This is utterly ridiculous! All I need to do is change my date of birth, that I know I entered in correctly when I bought my pass. Can’t contact them by phone? Chat bot is nothing but an exercise in frustration!

I just want to update my date of birth!

I’m a fairly intelligent guy, yet I can’t figure out, or find any way to contact Eurail. This is the most convoluted site/company I’ve ever had to deal with, and that’s saying alot!

I guarantee you that you didn’t accidentally add the wrong birthdate. I’m sure you added it correctly the first time. It’s an issue with the app. I know this because I added 5 people and all of their birthdates were wrong (all were saved as one day early). I caught it in time and the only way to fix it was to list their birthdates as one day later, which tricked the app into saving the correct date. 😳

Unfortunately I had to cancel my old tickets and purchase new ones (because there’s no simple way to exhange anything on this site). And this time I didn’t catch it in time. So now -- once again -- all five birthdates are incorrect.

Just do a search in these forums for the word “birthdate” and you will see that you’re far from alone! But rather than identifying the problem and fixing the app, you have to go through the arduous process of walking someone in customer service through changing it for you, and that’s only if you haven’t already activated your pass. (If you did that you’re going to end up having to refund and repurchase because come on, why make anything easy around here?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I guarantee you that you didn’t accidentally add the wrong birthdate. I’m sure you added it correctly the first time. It’s an issue with the app. I know this because I added 5 people and all of their birthdates were wrong (all were saved as one day early). I caught it in time and the only way to fix it was to list their birthdates as one day later, which tricked the app into saving the correct date. 😳

Unfortunately I had to cancel my old tickets and purchase new ones (because there’s no simple way to exhange anything on this site). And this time I didn’t catch it in time. So now -- once again -- all five birthdates are incorrect.

Just do a search in these forums for the word “birthdate” and you will see that you’re far from alone! But rather than identifying the problem and fixing the app, you have to go through the arduous process of walking someone in customer service through changing it for you, and that’s only if you haven’t already activated your pass. (If you did that you’re going to end up having to refund and repurchase because come on, why make anything easy around here?)

As long as the validity of the pass hasn't started you can deactivate an active pass and Customer Support can change the birth date.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, just in case other travelers were wondering about the same thing: the only way to change details on your pass is to contact our customer service team either by email or by sending us a Twitter DM. We can can change the following details: 

• Your name, in the case of a typo, marriage or other legal name change. 
  • Your date of birth. 
  • Your passport/travel document number. 

We cannot change your country of residence, pass type/class or transfer the pass from one traveler to another. This may only be done by requesting a pass exchange. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@annie.papadopoulou Can you help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are several ways to contact Eurail Customer Support. You can use Email, Facebook, Twitter, and the request database, see link below.

Always write the start date of your travel so that your request can be correctly prioritised.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001

Urgets matters are usually dealt with within hours.

I arrive in London on March, 24th 2023.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to give your travel start date to Customer Support. There is no one here in the Community that can help you. Use the link in my reply above to contact Customer Support.