• 28 September 2022
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you. The above information is very helpful but it stuck at

Eurail/Interrail pass cover number

I have a mobile pass. It is six character long and the website is not accepting that as a valid number.

What to do? Please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations in Switzerland are generally a waste of money (in my opinion) and almost nobody makes them. Except for the few special panoramic express trains.

Badge

I have an international flight to catch on 27th Oct from Paris. I will travel to Paris either from Geneva or from Zurich (not decided yet) using Eurail pass. My question is a bit odd:

Should I travel back to Paris on 25th or on 26th as I could not guess the reliability of the train service from Geneva or Zurich to Paris? Certainly I would not like to miss the international flight at any cost.

Whether 24hrs gap between arrival to and departure from Paris should be enough?

Thanks a lot.

Badge

We will be going from Interlaken to Lucerne on 23rd Oct and then Lucerne to Zurich on 24th Oct.

We are a group of three.

Would it be cheaper if I buy the ticket now online in comparison to buying on the day of the travel?

Should we buy Half fare travel card? We also plan to visit Jungfrauch and Mt. Titlis. 

Can we get any discount if we have Eurail pass for Swiss train ticket. We may not be using Eurail passes on that day though.

Thanks very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have an international flight to catch on 27th Oct from Paris. I will travel to Paris either from Geneva or from Zurich (not decided yet) using Eurail pass. My question is a bit odd:

Should I travel back to Paris on 25th or on 26th as I could not guess the reliability of the train service from Geneva or Zurich to Paris? Certainly I would not like to miss the international flight at any cost.

Whether 24hrs gap between arrival to and departure from Paris should be enough?

Thanks a lot.

As a personal view, if I was in your position I would certainly be happier travelling the day before to Paris for such a vital flight. Although trains are reliable, there is always the risk of an external issue causing a delay of such magnitude that you miss the flight. 

I would probably also look for accommodation near the airport with easy transport at the appropriate time - I hate Paris hotels, but they can be a necessary evil.

As an example I recently travelled back from Brussels to London on Eurostar. We travelled on The Tuesday afternoon from Cologne to Brussels along with many booked on the late Tuesday Eurostar. They had about 2 hours connection time. An incident required a diversion and the train finally arrived 1.5 hours late -,A lot of stressed people. We simply strolled  to the local hotel, had a drink or 2 and a meal. a good nights sleep and then a mid morning stroll before checking in about an hour before a lunchtime departure.

Badge

This is a question reg. reservation. I have a Eurail pass.

My reservation is from Paris to Nice on Oct 17. Can I discontinue my journey at Cannes and take some other local train to Nice from Cannes at a later point of the day? Do I have to notify this discontinuation of journey at Cannes station?

Thanks very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is a question reg. reservation. I have a Eurail pass.

My reservation is from Paris to Nice on Oct 17. Can I discontinue my journey at Cannes and take some other local train to Nice from Cannes at a later point of the day? Do I have to notify this discontinuation of journey at Cannes station?

Thanks very much.

You can leave the train whenever you please and no you don’t have to inform anyone, even if you are fluent in French you’d probably confuse station staff by trying to do so.

Badge

I have a Eurail pass. On the day when I will be using my Eurail pass, can I also use the pass in Paris metro or Rome metro network? Thanks.