Solved

Barcelona-Valencia-Cordoba?

• 21 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

Do trains run from Valencia Estació del Nord -- Cordoba via Alcazar de San Juan i.e on the route as described here 
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022/apr/05/rail-route-of-the-month-barcelona-to-cadiz-the-slow-train-right-across-spain
?

I cannot find any trains from Valencia- Alcazar de San Juan on renfre.com.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by oncemorewithfeeling 21 December 2022, 00:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Renfe.com is useless.

Try bahn.com or raileurope.com but not more than 2 months in advance.

Thanks! I’d already tried bahn.de but there’s still 4 months to go

(p.s. sorry I hit “answer” on the wrong post and I can’t undo it now)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As always: if too early-like most used to airplanes: simply check what it offers next week-NOT a holiday, samedayofweek as planned. For direct V to C it will only show AVE-so split up in parts, preferably-just think- via stops that are not served by hi-speed AVE. RENFE-site is very bad in showing connexxiones. Use just ´Valencia´-it may lve from another estacion.

I am not sure if the DIRect train as such still runs, but with changes as such this trip-IMHO again grossly overhyped- can be made, but with a chance not even in 1 day anymore. In fact it used to be an overnite tren, with the night portion just in between the 2.

Most of these quite long and with not that much to see inland lines in ESpana are pretty boring, except those that pass the mountain ranges north-west of Madrid toward Galicia/Asturias Many of these osonicetogobytrain! newsppr articles are recycled from other sources from long ago without proper re-check as to what is possible by now. Or were bought many moons ago and laid in the cloud till some empty space needed to be filled. Real fans can often read between lines and f.e. check stock used etc. for that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The train you are looking for is the Torre door, which runs daily from Barcelona to Cadiz. A search for mid Jan shows it on Renfe site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The train you are looking for is the Torre door, which runs daily from Barcelona to Cadiz. A search for mid Jan shows it on Renfe site.

Many apologies - It is the Torre D’ Or train. IC 697

Route info here:

https://www.cd.cz/en/vlak/697/19.1.2023/7100064/8.30/7100043/21.10/