Solved

Can't book reservation London St. Pancras - PAris ''prices unavailable''

Hello, my name is Candela Martínez.

Today I bought my global pass for 7 days in one month but now the web page won´t let me buy the reservation for the trip I want. It is super important I book the train I want because I have a flight after that train that I can't miss. 

The problem is that I was about to buy the reservation for the train from London St Pancrass 5:30am to Paris 9:20 and then the page said there was an error and now it says that prices are unavailable and that I have to try later.

Please I need help with this. This pass is the only reason I took a 7 day pass and also, my plane ticket depends on it.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 June 2022, 00:33

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There are limited cheap options within that timeframe.

One is to fly to Paris the night before and get a hotel for the night. Latest flight is British Airways at 20.35 from Heathrow to Paris CDG for €100 add on hotel and taxis, etc probably cost about €200.

Late bus from London - Paris. Flixbus.com have 2 departures at 23.00 and 23.30 from London Victoria, both arriving in Paris at around 09.00 the cost is approx £90. It travels via ferry so isn’t a solid 9 hours on a coach, about 2.5 hours London - Dover, 2 hours on Ferry and 4.5 hours to Paris. Not a great way to travel, you probably won’t get much sleep.

You could bin the Paris - Split flight and fly direct from London on Friday.

There is an Easyjet from Gatwick at 17.30 for €175, a Wizzair from Luton also at 17.30 for €185

Earlier flights are available but are all over £300.

On July 1st I have a flight that leaves from Paris to Split, Croatia at 13:05 (01:05pm). But that day I’m on London. i can’t leave the day before because I have a ticket to go to Wimbledon on June 30th and I don’t know what time will I be back.

I know it was a foolish thing to do, but it was a promotion flight and I took it because I thought I had more than enough time to travel from London to Paris by train. I even know what bus station I have to take in order to go to London’s train station and the bus I have to take from Gare du Nord (Paris’ train station) to Orly (the airport).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Firstly, don’t panic, there are always options as long as you have enough time to make the connection

Where is your Flight from and when?

Also how long can you take to get there, where are you coming from and do you need to travel that day or can you leave the day before?

This information should be available before I purchase my global pass. I tried to check if there still where seats available for the date and time I wanted but that information was not available. I’m traveling on my own for the first time and this is a big step back

I’m new to this and now I’m super sad and worried I’m going to miss my flight

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, I checked on that page and there are no seats available. I thought there were because before I bought my global pass I checked this train still was on the eurail page.

I don’t know what to do. Now I have payed 270usd for a 7-day pass and I can’t take the train I need. So now I have to pay an extra 290euros to have it. Seems unfair, the information is incomplete.

The only chance I have is going to the train station and hoping they have space for me, right?

The number of pass holder seats on Eurostar is limited and will be fully booked before the train is full. You won't be able to book a pass holder seat anymore at the station either.

Do you think they’ll give me a refund if not?

Do let customer service know you feel misled and that you therefore want a full refund.

Before you buy a pass, the Eurail reservation website does not let you check availability. I find this a bad idea and have tried to make them see that but to no avail so far. They only thing they have done is that there's now a small remark that you can only see seat availability after logging in and buying a pass. But it is not very noticeable, as we have seen multiple times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There will be no seats available at the station. There is only a limited number of seats for passholders available on the Eurostar. On popular departures the passholder seats sell out week, and sometimes months, in advance. 

You can ask for a refund of your Eurail pass if the conditions for your pass allow that. Here is information how you do.

https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

Yeah, I checked on that page and there are no seats available. I thought there were because before I bought my global pass I checked this train still was on the eurail page.

I don’t know what to do. Now I have payed 270usd for a 7-day pass and I can’t take the train I need. So now I have to pay an extra 290euros to have it. Seems unfair, the information is incomplete.

The only chance I have is going to the train station and hoping they have space for me, right?

Do you think they’ll give me a refund if not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

like Anna said you can check if seats for Eurail users are left via this website:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish 

You can book there but you need a Paper Pass Cover Number. 

Or you call SNCF Call Center. Contact us by telephone | SNCF press #85 for English, you will get the reservation as e-ticket via email. 

This is the first time I’m using Eurail. I need to take the train from London to Paris on July 1st at 5:30am.

What’s weird is that at first it would let me buy the seat but then when I pressed on the add to the cart button, then the page gave me an error and now It says there may not be any more seats available.

I’m very sad because I didn’t know this was an option. That there are no available seats. And this train is the only reason I bought the 7-day pass.

On the eurostar we page they say that there’s space but I have to pay 290 euros, which is more that what I payed for the 7 day pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here you can check the availability of passholder seats on the Eurostar. 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What day do you want to travel?