Solved

Cancellation due to strike

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello.  My train has been canceled today, December 2, between Barcelona and Paris.  I had a link from Paris to Salzburg that I booked with interrail and that I won't be able to board because it's impossible for me to get to Paris.  Can you tell me how I recover the amount of my reservation?  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 December 2022, 14:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can get a full refund from where you booked the reservation, if you don't want to travel to that destination anymore.

The railways are however responsible to get you to where you want to go. In fact, they have to offer you a choice between:

1. Cancellation and full refund.
  2. Travel using the next available connection.
  3. Travel on a future date of your choice.

Options 2 and 3 must be free of charge. If you get stranded somewhere, they have to provide accommodation. Also see EU Regulation 1371/2007, articles 16 and 18.

"Available” means that a seat is available but any quota may not be taken into account.

It's best to figure out first what you want to do now and then deal with any refunds later. Do not ask any refunds before you have a new plan because choosing option 1 means you don't get any free rerouting anymore.

@MALIS please contact our customer service:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new