France Reservation but no Tickets?

• 28 July 2021
  • 9 replies

• Right on track
  • 8 replies

An hour ago I made a reservation for a Paris-Nice train that departs in two days (July 30). I can see the reservation in my account, but there are no seats assigned and no e-tickets to print. Do I just wait for them to appear, or is there an issue that needs to be resolved?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should receive an e-mail, although I don't know how long that can take.

I did receive an email confirming the order, and it said that my e-tickets should be attached to that email. But there was just an invoice attached to the email, not the actual e-tickets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I did receive an email confirming the order, and it said that my e-tickets should be attached to that email. But there was just an invoice attached to the email, not the actual e-tickets. 

Then contact customer support and mention that you'll be travelling the day after tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there’s a phone number I can call to have this addressed? The emails I received from customer service said they will try to respond within four days, which obviously is going to be an issue given I’m traveling in 36 hours!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does anyone know if there’s a phone number I can call to have this addressed?

There is no phone number. Requests are prioritised however, so if you've indicated your travel day, I suppose they make an effort to get back to you in time.

Hi Sam - did you resolve this? I have the same issue and I’m also travelling tomorrow. 

@Katie I did, I ended up going to Gare du Nord this morning. It took about 15 minutes, I went to the SNCF boutique and they printed my tickets for me. The reservation I made did go through, I just never received my tickets. If I’d known I just could have gone to the station early before my train and printed my tickets, but I wasn’t sure that the reservation actually went through. So you could conceivably just go to the station early tomorrow and get them to print your tickets…

NB: The Eurail support staff also responded to my email and attached my tickets to an email. But that was about 16 hours after I sent the request, and after I’d been to the station. If you’re traveling tomorrow I wouldn’t wait on the Eurail customer support to respond. A very hokey system. 

Good luck! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yeah the system is hokey :D but maybe blame 25%Eurail (still some bugs in the System) and

75% SNCF as they vanished the Interrail option from all their booking platforms :/

Means more reservation requests than usual by Eurail :/

Hi Sam, thanks so much for this! So helpful! I’ll try that.