Solved

Is the Eurail reservation system down? I am unable to make reservations.

I have activated my eurail global pass, but every time I try to make reservations on the eurail website the page will not load. On the rare occasion that it does load there are often no prices listed and I cannot add tickets to my cart. I can see the train routes and prices that I am looking for on the app. Is this an issue with the eurail website and is there a way to fix it?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 May 2022, 23:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The reservations website seems to work normally for me. But I have noticed over the past week or so that it becomes slow in the evenings. Heavy load, I suppose.

By the way, Italian day trains can be booked cheaper (no booking fees) via ÖBB using these steps.

Okay, thank you! That is very helpful. I will try on the eurail website in the morning and check out the website for my trains!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are several ways to make reservations. Here is a good guide:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you need help with advice on how to make a specific reservation you can get help from the community if you give exact details on what train, date and time you want to travel with.

Thank you. I am aware of how to make reservations; however, for trains that I am looking to book a few weeks in advance that are in a different country I cannot go to the train station. In addition, I have tried using the trenitalia website and I am unable to use my global pass.

My question is not about how to make a reservation, but rather if anyone else is experiencing issues with the eurail website when trying to make train reservations.