Solved

N/A

Hey guys,

I looked up some trains between Oslo and Göteborg and found "N/A". What does that mean?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 April 2022, 21:50

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

“not available” means Eurail cant sell the reservation :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservation is not required. The app is incorrect. The website is correct:

You can probably book a reservation via Entur by phone if you want one. See this page, scroll down to Norway.

@Nanja, will this be corrected in the app? The MERITS data doen't seem to include mandatory reservations (the DB planner doesn't show that either) so the app shouldn’t either.

Thank you so much, the app is verulamium confusing some of the time😅

Userlevel 1
Badge

I called Entur the other day (15min in queue 😬) and they confirmed I didn’t need a reservation. 

HOWEVER in my case, there seems to be work on this line just when I need to do that trip, with replacement buses (pass not available on buses...) so it’s a bit of a nightmare (and I can’t add any new journeys to my pass on the app, all this happening at the same time 😱)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

HOWEVER in my case, there seems to be work on this line just when I need to do that trip, with replacement buses (pass not available on buses...)

So… Vy (the operator) are supplying replacement buses but do not recognise passes in those buses? Did you ask Vy how you can travel with your pass?

Userlevel 1
Badge

HOWEVER in my case, there seems to be work on this line just when I need to do that trip, with replacement buses (pass not available on buses...)

So… Vy (the operator) are supplying replacement buses but do not recognise passes in those buses? Did you ask Vy how you can travel with your pass?

I saw on another forum someone having had the same issues and Vy said the pass wouldn’t be valid. They are not new buses to replace trains per se, it seems the schedule has been changed so that connections are possible with existing buses. I’m still in the middle of trying to sort this and understanding what’s going on so I will contact Vy (as well as issue with the pass)

Edit to add: I’m travelling from Edinburgh, Scotland to Alesund in Norway, next week. In my case it’s Copenhagen-Oslo via Goteburg.

Edit 2: there are still some trains, just less of them so not so convenient.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I saw on another forum someone having had the same issues and Vy said the pass wouldn’t be valid. They are not new buses to replace trains per se, it seems the schedule has been changed so that connections are possible with existing buses. I’m still in the middle of trying to sort this and understanding what’s going on so I will contact Vy (as well as issue with the pass)

Do let us know what Vy say. They should accept all normal tickets (including passes) in the replacement buses they recommend or provide. Anything else is not acceptable in my opinion. They should not expect people to pay extra for a bus instead of a train that possibly also takes longer...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Again. do not worry NOW about this for august. You say you are a few days in NO before-so pop in a station (there are not that many left with staff!!) and ask/do that REServ if needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have passed it on, rvdborgt. I will get back to you once I know more. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi there, Data in the App is only updated when the new release is done after the timetable update with corrected data. That's why there are often some discrepancies possible between App and Web. Please always refer to the webiste in case of any doubt, as the timetable updated there are more frequently. The App will follow as well, but less frequently still unfortunately. Cheers

Hi,

I don't know if this will still be useful on this topic, but I have just traveled from Göteborg to Oslo and I can say that the interrail pass IS valid on the replacement bus! This covers the Rygge - Oslo section, so roughly the last (or first, starting from Oslo) hour of the Göteborg - Olso route. From what I could understand, the disruption is due to maintenance work that will continue for quite a while. However, it is very easy to change in Rygge, it is well organised, so no need to worry. There is also no need for a reservation. I traveled in July and there was enough space on the train and bus.

I hope this will be useful for somebody :)