Solved

Received email from SNCF cancelled train

• 14 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I received an email from SNCF regarding a cancelled train (France strikes) but not on Eurail or on SNCF Connect site can I look up my ticket information (I tried ‘import’ but that failed). I can’t get in touch with anyone at Eurail. How do I proceed? Per the email, neither option is actionable (I did not have a eurail account when I bought tickets):

Your train 4655, on 16/03, departing from MONTPELLIER SAINT ROCH to MARSEILLE SAINT CHARLES is cancelled due to interprofessional social movement.

We offer you the following options:

•      Exchange your ticket at no cost, keeping the same departure and arrival stations.
  •      Cancel your ticket, before departure, to get a refund.

To do this, go to SNCF Connect or to your SNCF-approved travel agency.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 March 2023, 23:07

View original

2 replies

Thank you @rvdborgt ! Your link worked and they were very helpful. Turns out I got another email later from SCNF telling me my train in fact was instead going to be running, so go figure :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you want a refund, contact the place where you bought your reservation. If you bought it from Eurail, then contact customer service here:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

If you want to exchange free of charge, call SNCF (press #85 for English) or go to an SNCF ticket office. Check timetables on www.sncf-connect.com to see what's running (it may still change until 17:00 before the travel day). There are are also reservation-free regional trains (TER).