Solved

Seat Reservation Eurocity Berlin - Krakow

• 19 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I would like to know how to book a seat reservation for the Eurocity train (EC57) from Berlin to Krakow. The Interrail planner tells me that reservation is mandatory. However, it does not seem to be possible to do this through their reservation tool.

I also tried to reserve seats through the websites of DB or Polish Intercity trains, but I did not succeed.

Anyone who has solved the issue?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 19 August 2021, 23:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There are plenty of seats i would reserve at a german ticket office :)

Userlevel 1

I would get to the station a day before the travel or say, half an hour earlier than originally planed (i.e. one hour before the departure of the train) and buy the reservation at the station at the German ticket office.

Also, as I recall, boarding a German train without reservation or even without a valid ticket is not a crime - you can buy the reservation or even the whole ticket from the conductor if you approach him.

So even if you are late and barely reach the train - just board it, find an empty seat (a seat without passenger or destination tag on it) and once you see the conductor, approach him.

This “guerilla” tactic sometimes (in France!) could work out better, than trying to buy the reservation on-line or even at the ticket office. In Germany it is neutral: there is no limited contingent on seats for EU/Interrailers and the price of the reservation is the same.