Solved

Seat reservations too early- credit card was charged

• 24 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I'm traveling with a group of 12 people this July.  Bought a 3 day France pass.  Tried To buy seat reservations, got an error message, discovered it's too early to reserve seats.  My credit card was charged for the full cost of the seat reservations though.  Not just a credit card hold, but a charge. My question is, do I now have some sort of credit to my account, so when I book these seats later, it'll show that I've already paid?  Or will the app ask me to pay again, in which case I should be trying to get a refund now?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 March 2022, 18:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

12 July should be OK for France now. What was the error message?

Do the reservations show up in your account?

If not, the best is to contact customer service; they should be able to see the status of your reservations.

The error message was something like “this train doesn't exist anymore, please book another connection for this leg of your journey”. . I had five train rides scheduled and got this message for each of them.  My assumption was that I must be just booking too early. 
I cannot find any seat reservations in my account.  Would they be easy to find?  Have not used the Eurail app before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I cannot find any seat reservations in my account.  Would they be easy to find?  Have not used the Eurail app before.

The reservations overview is on this page. If you're logged in, it should show you either your reservations done via Eurail (and you can also download them) or "You currently have no reservations”. If you see the latter, do contact customer service.