Solved

Caravan Parks - Close to Train Station

• 1 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 12 replies

Hi. We are looking at travelling through France, Italy, Croatia and finishing off in Sicily on a 2 month global pass and are looking at trying to find caravan parks that are within walking distance of a train station. If anyone knows any caravan parks could they please share. Thank you 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 2 November 2023, 09:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

That’s a very broad request.  You might want to narrow it down a bit.

You can start with the easy bit - most large city centres aren’t going to have campsites simply by virtue of being cities where land is expensive.  There will be some, for sure.  But I think you possibly need to focus more on where you want to go in terms of regions and *then* see where there are campsites within easy reach of train stations.

z

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Generally we are looking at the Bordeaux area and then the South of France followed by the Italian Lakes / Puglia Region / Croatia and then back to Sicily before returning up the west coast of Italy . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you can consider using public transportation like busses and trams you will get a much larger choice of campsites. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi . Thanks for that. Basically, I’m keen to find out if any of my fellow interailers have stayed on a large campsite (with mobile static caravans) that is within walking distance of a train station. In the past I have used a caravan park at Peschiera Del Garda which has enabled one to travel by train easily out to Milan, Verona, Venice etc on day trips. I also know of Camping Fabulous which is close to Rome and importantly a train station.