Solved

After update, I can't add the pass to my mobile again

Hello everyone,

I have bought and already activated my mobile pass for Sweden  ( which is valid from 20 June to 19 July 2022) in the rail planner app a few weeks ago, but now with the update of the app my mobile pass got lost and it isn’t possible to add it again ( there is always error if I try it to add it again)

Please help me !!!!!

Thank you very very much!!!!!!!!!!! Rosa 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 April 2022, 13:27

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A pass should never disappear from the app, so this is a bug.

Do you have Android or iPhone? If iPhone, which iOS version?

Do you have the latest app version 23.1.0? (Go to More, scroll to the bottom.) If not, update the app and check again.

If nothing helps, please contact customer service and give them all details you have.

Hello, thank you very much for your quick answer!!!!! I have an iPhone 5s with iOS 12.5.5 so I can’t download the new version of the rail planner app 😟. If you say that is a bug, this fact is probably the reason why my pass got lost with the new update 🤔? my rail planner app has the version 2.1 of 16 January 2020 because it is the only version that I can download on my phone 😟😕🙈. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You're a victim of the fact that the requirements for the rail planner app have suddenly changed to iOS 13 instead of iOS 10. iOS 10 is still mentioned in the conditions of use, so it's not your fault.

Please mention all this to customer service and ask for a solution. They still have some time until 20 June, fortunately.

Okay thank you very much for your help 🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻, I will do this as soon as possible and hope that they find a solution for me 😊🤔👍🏻! Best, Rosa 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

But as they are extremely busy-with the sudden current boom of post-covid travels (not yet for you mask-wearing Deutsche) and understaffed, it may take a while though.

Okay, I will see what I can do🙈👍🏻, thank you 🙏👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I see that you are going to Sweden. Please be aware that the Eurail planner app says that reservations are mandatory on all trains in Sweden. That is wrong. Reservations are only mandatory on the high speed trains (SJ snabbtåg) and on the night trains.

If you have any questions regarding travelling by train in Sweden, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Okay 👍🏻, thank you for your information🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻; but the most important thing for me in the moment is that I get back my mobile pass 😕🙈😩...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I see that you are going to Sweden. Please be aware that the Eurail planner app says that reservations are mandatory on all trains in Sweden. That is wrong. Reservations are only mandatory on the high speed trains (SJ snabbtåg) and on the night trains.

Also mandatory on SJ Intercity trains and Snälltåget. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Okay 👍🏻, thank you for your information🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻; but the most important thing for me in the moment is that I get back my mobile pass 😕🙈😩...

If customer service doesn't come up with a solution, they will have to pay your extra expenses. Another victim of the same bug, who is currently travelling, will have their tickets reimbursed:

So if there's no solution by the time you start your trip, you can always buy a paper Interrail from a Deutsche Bahn ticket office.