Solved

Can I cancel my 50%-Sale-Global-Pass?

Hi,

I recently bought a Global Pass for two months in a sales action, where you could buy it for half the price. I want to cancel this Pass and went the usual way for cancellation but I could not get far. I can’t find any info on whether my “Sales”-Pass is refundable. Can you help me?

Thanks, Jakob

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 8 July 2022, 15:27

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

I recently bought a Global Pass for two months in a sales action, where you could buy it for half the price. I want to cancel this Pass and went the usual way for cancellation but I could not get far. I can’t find any info on whether my “Sales”-Pass is refundable. Can you help me?

Thanks, Jakob

Hi Jakob, 

it’s been a few months but I finally found the screenshot and I contacted Interrail and my refund is on its way!! If you still need help please message me!! 

Hey Madeline, I have the same problem, can you help me aswell? If you could send me the screenshot, that´d be amaaaazing!! 

When you bought your pass there should have been the terms and conditions detailed in your e-mail. AFAIK most if not all these passes were non exchangeable or refundable but your e-mail should answer whether your pass is refundable.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

Hi,

Thanks, Jakob

Hi Jakob, 

it’s been a few months but I finally found the screenshot and I contacted Interrail and my refund is on its way!! If you still need help please message me!! 

Hey Madeline, I have the same problem, can you help me aswell? If you could send me the screenshot, that´d be amaaaazing!! 

My invoice for 2 promo passes clearly states not refundable or changeable.

When I originally clicked into the link for the offer it said it was partially refundable but like you when I got my invoice it said nonrefundable. But I found the screenshot and sent it to interrail and they have acknowledged it was a mistake on site and refunded me. It depended on what link you originally clicked on some showed a mistake and some did not 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My invoice for 2 promo passes clearly states not refundable or changeable.

Hi,

Thanks, Jakob

Hi Jakob, 

Yes my invoice says the same, but it definitely did say something about a partial refund, that was one of the selling points for me. The screenshot would be from May 7th and i must have deleted it because my pictures recovery only goes to May 8th. And I sent it to a friend on Snapchat where we discussed it but that deleted too. What bad luck 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That surely was the intention but the pre-sales information was not always agreeing with that. The problem however is that you need to be able to prove that to be able to do anything.

As far as I know it is the conditions that are communicated during the purchase that are valid. No matter what has been communicated earlier or what was communicated elsewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I bought the 1 month pass during the 50%sale and that pass is neither refundable nor exchangeable. See picture below.

That surely was the intention but the pre-sales information was not always agreeing with that. The problem however is that you need to be able to prove that to be able to do anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you open at the order overview in your Interrail account you can look at your invoice under payment details. There you can read the conditions for your pass. 

I bought the 1 month pass during the 50%sale and that pass is neither refundable nor exchangeable. See picture below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m pretty sure the 2 month and 3 month pass had a stipulation that said about getting a certain percentage back as a refund? I’m currently trying to find the details of it and can’t find the screenshot of it! 😬 I think the 3 month one said it was like a 65% refund? 

I'd be very interested in that screenshot.

I do seem to recall that, depending on which URL you used and on which day you did that, a notice about refunds was being displayed (probably 85%), certainly on the first day of the offer.

I’m pretty sure the 2 month and 3 month pass had a stipulation that said about getting a certain percentage back as a refund? I’m currently trying to find the details of it and can’t find the screenshot of it! 😬 I think the 3 month one said it was like a 65% refund? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It was made very clear when that sale was on that the discounted passes were not refundable.