Solved

Can I cancel my 50%-Sale-Global-Pass?

Hi,

I recently bought a Global Pass for two months in a sales action, where you could buy it for half the price. I want to cancel this Pass and went the usual way for cancellation but I could not get far. I can’t find any info on whether my “Sales”-Pass is refundable. Can you help me?

Thanks, Jakob

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 8 July 2022, 15:27

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It was made very clear when that sale was on that the discounted passes were not refundable.

I’m pretty sure the 2 month and 3 month pass had a stipulation that said about getting a certain percentage back as a refund? I’m currently trying to find the details of it and can’t find the screenshot of it! 😬 I think the 3 month one said it was like a 65% refund? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m pretty sure the 2 month and 3 month pass had a stipulation that said about getting a certain percentage back as a refund? I’m currently trying to find the details of it and can’t find the screenshot of it! 😬 I think the 3 month one said it was like a 65% refund? 

I'd be very interested in that screenshot.

I do seem to recall that, depending on which URL you used and on which day you did that, a notice about refunds was being displayed (probably 85%), certainly on the first day of the offer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you open at the order overview in your Interrail account you can look at your invoice under payment details. There you can read the conditions for your pass. 

I bought the 1 month pass during the 50%sale and that pass is neither refundable nor exchangeable. See picture below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I bought the 1 month pass during the 50%sale and that pass is neither refundable nor exchangeable. See picture below.

That surely was the intention but the pre-sales information was not always agreeing with that. The problem however is that you need to be able to prove that to be able to do anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That surely was the intention but the pre-sales information was not always agreeing with that. The problem however is that you need to be able to prove that to be able to do anything.

As far as I know it is the conditions that are communicated during the purchase that are valid. No matter what has been communicated earlier or what was communicated elsewhere.

Yes my invoice says the same, but it definitely did say something about a partial refund, that was one of the selling points for me. The screenshot would be from May 7th and i must have deleted it because my pictures recovery only goes to May 8th. And I sent it to a friend on Snapchat where we discussed it but that deleted too. What bad luck 😂

Hi,

I recently bought a Global Pass for two months in a sales action, where you could buy it for half the price. I want to cancel this Pass and went the usual way for cancellation but I could not get far. I can’t find any info on whether my “Sales”-Pass is refundable. Can you help me?

Thanks, Jakob

Hi Jakob, 

it’s been a few months but I finally found the screenshot and I contacted Interrail and my refund is on its way!! If you still need help please message me!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My invoice for 2 promo passes clearly states not refundable or changeable.

My invoice for 2 promo passes clearly states not refundable or changeable.

When I originally clicked into the link for the offer it said it was partially refundable but like you when I got my invoice it said nonrefundable. But I found the screenshot and sent it to interrail and they have acknowledged it was a mistake on site and refunded me. It depended on what link you originally clicked on some showed a mistake and some did not 

Hi,

Thanks, Jakob

Hi Jakob, 

it’s been a few months but I finally found the screenshot and I contacted Interrail and my refund is on its way!! If you still need help please message me!! 

Hey Madeline, I have the same problem, can you help me aswell? If you could send me the screenshot, that´d be amaaaazing!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

Thanks, Jakob

Hi Jakob, 

Hey Madeline, I have the same problem, can you help me aswell? If you could send me the screenshot, that´d be amaaaazing!! 

When you bought your pass there should have been the terms and conditions detailed in your e-mail. AFAIK most if not all these passes were non exchangeable or refundable but your e-mail should answer whether your pass is refundable.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy