Solved

Clarification on the 4-day Greek Island Pass

Hello,

Slightly confused about two things, if someone can help..

First, I see posts from 9-10 months ago saying how you need to reserve a ferry ticket through email. Is this still true in 2022? There are online ferry websites of companies that cover the pass that offer tickets where you can enter a discount if you have Interrail pass, directly while buying the ferry ticket (like 20-30%). However, I didn’t see the option for the travel day pass discount.

Also if someone can answer, this page here says that the 4-day travel pass only cover “Four FREE domestic trips” for Blue Star Ferries, not 4 days. I’m not sure which is true, or if I’m reading it wrong or if it’s a typo.

icon

Best answer by Nanja 23 August 2022, 17:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It is 4 days indeed so we've adjusted it on the page. Thanks for flagging rvdborgt and apologies for the late clarification and confusion caused, AlexMitch. Cheers, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The longer run ferries only go 1/day in general. There may be more to populair islands-but then its likely a ferry of another comp that does not take these passes

The Greek Islands pass uses travel days:

About booking: just send them an e-mail to ask if they have online booking for Interrail pass holders.

Are you sure about that? Because the page I linked to says “trips”, not days.

The longer run ferries only go 1/day in general. There may be more to populair islands-but then its likely a ferry of another comp that does not take these passes

That may be true, but I was thinking, since these passes include both Minoan Lines and Blue Star Ferries maybe we can combined them to make trips across multiple islands, to Kalymnos, for example.

Seems like no one knows for sure. I saw here that it’s probably 4 days, but I went ahead and sent an email to Attica group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Magdalena @Marion Am I right that this page is incorrect in suggesting that the Greek Island pass has 4 trips rather than 4 travel days?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Greek Islands pass uses travel days:

About booking: just send them an e-mail to ask if they have online booking for Interrail pass holders.